Sunday, March 11, 2007

Wee Socks... and other in-progress items



While visiting different blogs, I found this wee tiny sock swap at Yarn Miracle.

This sock pattern turns out sooooo cute! I used size 1 needles, and since I did not have any sock yarn, I decided to use embroidery thread (I mean ... no one is getting this sock on their foot anyway). I did not do the ribbed cuff part. Basically I used 2 threads of embroidery thread at a time.. yellow & green to start, then green & blue, then blue & pink, then pink then yellow .. each for a few rows then repeat. I did show my in-progress sock to my family at my nephews birthday party. They (in good fun) made fun of me, getting a big kick out of the wee socks. Actually... I think it turned out rather cute:



Here is an in-progress picture, also showing the embroidery thread:



In other news.. I've got 2 babies coming up in the family so I've started working on baby blankets using yarn that I already have. I started with a diagonal baby blanket, and just have changed the colors out a bit:



I'm past the half way point, but I'm not sure if I might not add some more blocks to it around the edges to make it a little bigger. I looked for longer circular needles in town, but 29' was the longest I could find.

Lastly... I have purchased the yarn so that I can make the Leftovers vest from Knitty. I really liked the yarn that I found. I know it's not the highest quality stuff, but it does feel good, and I love the colors. Hoping that I can finish some other stuff and get started on this in the not to distant future.



Honestly I keep purchasing knitting stuff... I can't seem to help myself.. and I definitely would LOVE some real sock yarn.. but theres so much to choose from that I can't seem to choose! I have a couple other knitting magazines, and I got some basic cream colored yarn for another baby blanket I will be working on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.