Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I LOVE my wee sock (and other knitting updates)

I got home from work today, and was so excited to see some mail in the mailbox for me. This little cutie is from Bibby! There is no way she could have known, but the colors are my favorites.. turqouise & pink's (according to the card it is cherry tree hill). It even has a cute little button.



Isn't it sweet? I couldn't decide how photograph it best...



Here is where I placed it for my husband to see when he got home...




Thank you soooo much Bibby! =o)


In other knitting news, I cast on for the leftovers vest last night...



Not far yet.. and I'm a little nervous since it's such a big project, but I'm excited too. I'm also really loving the yarn.

A few weeks ago we went hunting for something for yarn storage. Admittedly I just stuck what I already have from previous craft stuff in here... but I was excited to find this at target. It's 4 cubes x 2 cubes, and you can get a second one and make it 4 x 4. I hope to eventually do that.



..and that cute kitty? Thats my boy kitty Cody. He's a sweetheart. We have 2 Cat's who you will see from time to time on here. The other is a gray girl kitty named Kasey.

I mentioned previously about starting on some squares for baby blankets. I'm using patterns out of this "Sampler Afghans" book.

Here is a Elm Seed Stitch:


Here is a reverse herringonbone faggot:


(learning to block is also on my to-do list.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I love the hanger!