Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Lots of Knitting Goodness



Well.. my mom had to go to Boston last week, so I went ahead and knit her up a quick little scarf to take with her to help keep her warm.




I wish I would have made it just a *tad* longer. It really seemed longer than it really was when I was knitting it.. and I thought it was going to be too long.

I also finished my first sock! There are definitely some mistakes, but all in all it was a pretty good learning experience. I learned the kitchner stitch as well as SSK, and how to unknit (not sure what that ones really called!). I'm not 100% pleased with the yarn, but it was the closest I could find to sock yarn at Michaels. I still have a lot to learn about yarn...





I also happened to get my knitting bag in today (wow that was fast!!) It's even better in person! I still find it hard to believe I got this wonderful bag for $15! =o) I am a well pleased customer!



Now.. I still am working off & on on the scarf to match my jacket... but it warmed up to the 70's, and I don't anticipate needing a scarf anytime soon down here. Trying to decide if I want to buy yarn & knit a thinner pair of socks first, or go on to trying a vest.

No comments: